2/27/2008

A Couple Cups of Coffee

Just had an awesome opportunity to reconnect with a friend named Harry. Harry is a tad bit older than me, but we share a fair bit in common. We have had serious ups and some serious downs, we have had some difficult times with our families, but we have had wonderful times with our loved ones as well.

Our friendship was formed last year when a mutual friend put us together. Harry was feeling low and in a bit of a depression. I was itching to get out in the world and start loving people up, so naturally we would fit perfectly. And we did. He is someone who has shared very deeply with me, encouraged me, cared for me, supported me, and counseled me as well. But the interesting thing is that all of that is reciprocated by me as well. Our relationship is a total 2 way street.

Harry is feeling good. He is no longer in a depression. We are going to meet regularly again, and I am excited about that - I know he is excited as well. He's going to see me struggle with school, get into it with the guys I am living with, and see me further develop into the man I am becoming.

I am going to see him turn 80 in June. Yeah thats right 55 years separate me and Harry, but a couple of cups of coffee and some intimate sharing transcends that gap in our age and brings us together as equals and as good mates. I love it!

Cheers Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment