5/27/2008

its academic ...

so i did the big time grad student thing yesterday and attended my 1st university guest lecture event. it was everything a post grad could wish for. a blueberry and raspberry friand, some bottles water, black coffee, chit chat with classmates about the future of the us supreme court, and avoiding my professor who is grading my mega research paper right now thats worth 50% of my grade all the while waiting to be adressed and have some q & a with francis fukuyama author of many many books on us foreign policy and us politics.

i loved hearing from dr fukuyama, but i detested the overly academia stigma that was attached to so many of the questions that were being asked. i mean it was like a squander opportunity that was wasted because people wanted to hear their own voices. this lecture and most of my time this first semester has only helped to solidify my thoughts on what to do next after graduation; not become a university professor.

fukuyama's wikipedia page

No comments:

Post a Comment